Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Turning Point (Philosophically Speaking)

Ok, I admit it. I've done absolutely nothing on the poor old boat since my last post. I attribute this slovenliness to a combination of:

1. fatigue (from over work)
2. lack of time (due to previously mentioned overwork, plus significant job-hunting activity)
3. personal failings related to my being too soft to work on the boat in the heat/rain

On the other hand, I have actually managed to achieve something fantastic, which will now ensure that I can proceed with this restoration with renewed focus, time and (eventually) some useful funding.

Yes folks, I've finally managed to secure a proper job (only taken me almost two years). And its an absolute dream job too. Its doing something that really interests me, and makes use of my skills. The time off is good, and the pay is excellent. I couldn't be happier.

I've been training for the last few weeks, and have another couple weeks to go, but I should be able to get back into motion on the boat again as soon as next week. It'll be a while before we catch up financially (sooo much debt to pay back), but there's still plenty to be done on Sentina that won't cost any money. Plus there's the canoe to finish (God, now THAT's been a slow and drawn out project). At least the backsliding can stop now, and I can start to claw my way back out of the hole.

And so now, my friends, I can confidently say that its only a matter of time before my pristinely restored Contessa is bobbing happily in her natural element again. Then we can finally start going off on our own little adventures.

Bring on the next hurdle…..

No comments:

Post a Comment